Friday, February 20, 2009

Hello...from flu land!

Well, it has been one doozy of a week here at the Poulos house. I started out the week with great intentions. I was going to go to work three days this week and travel to Hattiesburg to take the kids to the doctor (eye doctor for Nate, ENT for Meg) on Tuesday. After half-a-day of work on Monday, I realized that my plans were going down the toilet. I felt awful! So I came home early and proceeded to take tylenol and motrin every 4 hours for the next 5 days! I have never felt so weak and coughed so much in all of my life. And although I do see the light at the end of the tunnel, I don't think we are out of the woods just yet.

I do have to share one little cutie that my Nathan said. When we were leaving our day full of doctor appointments on Tuesday (yes...I still went, because the world doesn't stop when mommy is sick. And my poor Nathan apparently needs much stronger glasses than he had and little Megan needs some surgery so she can breath at night) the kids and I had about had enough. They were being rowdy and I was just trying to pay the woman and leave. All of the people in the waiting room were looking at us. We must have been a sight...two wrestling kids and a flu-ridden mom. I finally finished with the receptionist and grabbed both kids to leave and as we were leaving, Nathan turned to Megan and said in a deep voice..."Heyyyy Baby." The whole office cracked up. Gotta love kids. Hope your week has been better than ours and that you have a good weekend.

No comments: