Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Kids say the darndest things...

So I had to share what my little Nathan said to me yesterday. I will put it in context:

We were driving to his gymnastics class and he was going on and on about his day. I just love to hear him talk about it, because he gets so excited. And the details that he includes are just hilarious. So to say the least, when he got finished, I could have just eaten him up. So I said to him, "Nathan, do you have any idea how much I love you?" To which he replied, "Yes....ALOT!" Then there was a pause before Nathan spoke again and said, "Do you know how I know that mommy?" And before I could say anything he said, "Because everyone loves me alot."

I could barely contain myself. I am guessing that we are doing okay in the self-esteem department, wouldn't you say? What is so amazing is that at 4, I don't think that he is saying that in a conceited way at all. What it says to me is that he is surrounded by people who love him so much all day long. And that is simply how he feels. There is nothing else more I could ask for.....

3 comments:

The Butts' family said...

too sweet! Fuuny thing is that i can just picture him saying that. He knows that he is loved and that is so important. Thanks for sharing!

We are the Smith Family said...

From the mouth of babes..how precious!

Desiree said...

That is so funny:) I can so see Nathan saying that too.

Have a happy thanksgiving and happy belated birthday to those twins. Miss you.