Last week was such a fun and busy week. First off, we had VBS at our church. Megan and Nathan really had a good time, and I did too! I was helping out with the 5th and 6th grade, which proved exhausting, considering I was still healing from falling down the stairs headfirst on Sunday. We ended the week with a family trip to the beach. It is so nice to only be 45 minutes away from the ocean!

This is how my car looked every day after VBS and I LOVED it!
These are my two favorite pics from the beach...one of my view from the comfortablerental chair. And the other is our family self-portrait, which turned out pretty
good for a throw-away camera!

And then I just threw this one in for fun. This is of Megan and daddy
mowing the grass as the sun went down. Love it!
6 comments:
What fun pics....love it!!!
Hi Lindsey-
First, great pics! Looks like your family is having a great summer so far.
Second, my name is Jen and you had commented on one of my posts over at Gifts of the Spirit! My younger daughter is now 5 and was diagnosed with Prader-Willi Syndrome at 6 wks. old. I am glad to hear your friend's little boy is getting great care down there in Atlanta. We live in Ohio (otherwise known as the Cold North Shore by Lake Erie :-) ). I guess if I could give any advice to you, as a friend of a PWS parent, it is this: Always remember that, no matter how well your friend's son might be doing on any given day (now, or down the road), it is ALWAYS harder to be the parent of a special-needs child. There will be aspects of your friend's parenting experience that will be unlike anything other parents of "typical" children experience. I had a close friend tell me, not too long ago, that the issues I have with my Sophie are no different than the worries and issues she has with her "typical" children...and well, that's just not the case. Sophie might end up being considered high-functioning within the PWS spectrum, but she will always have this syndrome and it will always affect her behavior, her future, her ability to live what WE all consider to be a 'normal' life.
I guess the other thing I'll say is to treat her son as normally as possible, because for their family that is their 'new normal'. Love her son for exactly who he is, because he is formed by God to be exactly who he is, and God knows what He is doing.
Wow, I do go on, don't I. I'm the President of PWSA of Ohio, so honestly I could write a book about all this! Thank you so much for commenting over at my church's blog. If you have any other questions please e-mail me at readbooks2@hotmail.com.
Hugs,
Jen in Ohio
GREAT pics! Looks like yall are loving Mississippi!! cant believe how much the kids are growing!!
Glad to see your update, brought smiles to my face :)
I love the family self-portrait!!! Very cute of all of you.
I love all the pictures. You look fabulous. Meg and Nate are getting so big. I miss you
Hi Lindsey,
Thank you so much for finding me in this big ole' blog world and posting a comment for us! You are so sweet. I just love Beth Moore and her blog, and how funny that we are both siestas and moms of boy/girl twins!
I know exactly what you mean about trying for more kids after having twins. My husband and I automatically thought in "pairs" whenever we referred to having more children. The thought of having just one was bitter sweet- sweet because it would be much easier, but bitter because they would not have the bond that the other two have. So, God answered our prayers when he blessed us with two more. I know the road we have in store, so that is a little daunting at times, but His goodness is impossible to describe.
And seeing your two 5 1/2 year olds makes it seem all the more doable. They are adorable. Congrats on starting Kindergarten!!!
Thanks again for your sweet comment! God bless!
Post a Comment